Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Class
Since 2013, in order for MD residents to purchase a handgun, a AR pistol, or a short barrel shotgun (shockwave or Tac14) you must have in your possession a Handgun Qualification License (HQL). See the steps below to obtain a Handgun Qualification License:
- 4 hours Training by a MD State Certified Instructor (Instructor provides instructor numbers that are needed for HQL application)
- Livescan Fingerprints (Must enter Tracking Numbers from the receipt on the HQL Application)
- Create account on the MSP Licensing Portal https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx
- Complete the HQL Application online
- Pay MD State Police $50 Application Fee online
- Submit HQL Application to MD State Police
- MD State Police sends you the HQL via mail to your residence.
Our fee includes the training portion for this requirement only. If livescan fingerprints are obtained prior to attending class the instructor will walk you through the entire application process through submission of the application. The HQL application can be started before the class, however will not be complete until everything above has been completed.
See the link below for more information: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx
Maryland Wear & Carry Class
Maryland Wear & Carry Permit allows the approved individual to conceal carry in the state of Maryland only. The applicant must have a good & substantial reason in order to be approved. As of October 1, 2019, all Wear and Carry permit applications (original, renewal and subsequent) and requests (modification and replacement) must be submitted online in the Licensing Portal. All documentation requirements and any clarifications you feel may assist investigators in processing your applications must be uploaded and electronically attached to the application in the Licensing Portal. You may access the Licensing Portal by clicking the link below:
Maryland State Police asks for 90 days for completion of the application process.
- $75 Application Fee
- Electronic fingerprint (Livescan)
- (2) Passport Photos
Utah Conceal Carry
Residents of any state can obtain a non-resident Utah Conceal Carry permit and conceal carry in various states across the country. See the link below to see what states recognize the Utah conceal carry permit.
- $63.25 Application Fee
- (1) Ink Fingerprint Card
- (1) Passport Photos
DC Conceal Carry Class
DC Conceal Carry holders are able to conceal carry in DC only. DC Police no longer require a “good and substantial” reason to be approved for a DC Conceal Carry Permit. DC Police issue permits to DC residents & Non-DC residents. DC Police ask 90 days for processing.
- $75 Application Fee
- $35 Fingerprint Fee paid to DC Police